Justin’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, employment law, dispute resolution, and business support.
Justin has been practicing law since 1997. He was recognized as a Super Lawyer rising star in 2012, and has extensive experience litigating cases such as construction defect, products liability, employment claims, real estate disputes, catastrophic injury and civil rights. Prior to joining SSJH, Justin worked for a Portland firm litigating cases and he was a commercial law lecturer with RMIT International University, Vietnam.
Professional and Community Service
- ACLU of Oregon – Volunteer Attorney
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Oregon Law Foundation
- Marion County Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Ethics Committee – Former Chair
- Oregon Symphony Association of Salem – Advisory Committee Member
- U.S. District Court Historical Society – former board member, chair of the Publications Committee
- SouthWest Music School – Former board President
- YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties – Former board member
- One Occurrence or More? Determining Multiple Occurrence/Accident Limits in Liability Policies. OADC 2014, Issue 3
- Insurance Coverage Litigation, LawReview CLE 2011
- Deciphering Oregon’s New Pay Equity Statute
- Is Marijuana Still Legal In Oregon? Was It Ever?
- Doing Business With Marijuana – Business Partners Beware
- Land Sale Contracts, Lease/Option, or Seller-Financing – Which Agreement Should You Choose?
- Are You Complying With Oregon’s Employee Retirement Savings Plan Requirements?
- Online Purchases – Where Can You Sue?
- Employers Should Review Their Pregnancy Accommodation Policies
- Paid Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act