Mark represents businesses and individuals in all aspects of complex civil litigation, land development, and construction. In his commercial litigation practice, he leverages his extensive experience in litigation, mediation, and arbitration to identify the vehicle which will most efficiently and effectively achieve his clients’ goals. He emphasizes construction defect, commercial and business dissolution litigation and probate disputes.
In the development arena, Mark seeks to cut through the red tape which too often stands between an opportunity and a completed profitable project. To facilitate acquisition of property he forms and maintains entities, provides support and guidance during negotiations and actively participates in due diligence investigations. Once property is acquired, he navigates through the complex, often multijurisdictional process of obtaining land use approvals and entitlements. He then facilitates smooth and successful completion of projects by preparing construction contracts which appropriately allocate liability and risks both during and after construction.
Professional and Community Service
- Go Downtown! Salem – Board Member
- Marion County Bar Association – Board Member
- SEDCOR – Board Member
- Oregon State Bar – Member of Construction, Real Estate and Land Use, Litigation, Business Litigation Sections
- Marion/Polk CASA – Former President
- Abiqua School Foundation Board of Trustees – Former President
- What Title Insurance Doesn’t Cover, May 2012, SSJH Update
- Even the Cobbler’s Son Needs Shoes, February 2012, SSJH Update
- In Bidding on Oregon Public Contracts, Oregon Contractors Have an Advantage, October 2011, SSJH Update
- Plan for the End at the Beginning – Doing So May Be The Best Decision You Make